DePaul University Libraries
Room Reservations Policy
The DePaul Center Library and John T. Richardson Library have limited space available to be reserved for DePaul-sponsored functions. The event organizer must submit the room reservation request online by logging into depaul.libcal.com
with his/her Campus Connect username and password. On infrequent occasions the Library allows events, receptions, etc. to be held in library space. Such arrangements may be requested through the Library Administrative office at 773-325-7849. To arrange special library instruction sessions, contact Heather Jagman at 773-325-7704.
Library rooms available for reservation:
John T. Richardson Library
- Room use is restricted to DePaul-sponsored functions only (i.e. organized by faculty, staff, and organizations approved by the Office of Student Involvement). Rooms may be booked for up to a four-hour time period, and groups may reserve one room per day. The event organizer is responsible for all furniture, catering, and publicity arrangements.
- Rooms may NOT be scheduled for recurring classes.
- All room reservations must be made at least two business days in advance. If a room is unreserved, it may be used by a DePaul group (not an individual) on a first come, first served basis.
- Rooms should be reserved well in advance of the event to ensure booking, as Library rooms are in heavy demand. The Library will not cancel or rearrange another group's reservation to accommodate a new request.
- Events in the Rosati Room (JTR 300) and Dorothy Day Room (JTR 400) must be scheduled with at least a 15 minute buffer between events to allow time for set up. (up to 30 minutes is encouraged for any catering or furniture set up)
- Group study rooms--DePaul student study groups may use any study rooms not currently in use or reserved. In addition to the rooms listed on the online calendar, there are non-reservable study rooms on the second and fourth floors of the Richardson Library. These rooms operate on a first-come, first served basis with groups of three or more having priority over one or two individuals. If a group fails to arrive within 15 minutes of its scheduled starting time, or if fewer than 3 people arrive, the group's reservation will be cancelled and the room will be open on a first come, first served basis.
- Food--Event catering is permitted in the Rosati Room (JTR 300) and Dorothy Day Room (JTR 400), and must be arranged by the event organizer through Chartwell's. No other food/restaurant deliveries are permitted.
- Furniture Arrangement--Any special furniture arrangements needed must be arranged by the event organizer in advance through Facilities Operations. Furniture may NOT be rearranged or moved from the room except by FO staff. If the furniture arrangement request has not been completed in time for the event, contact FO.
- Equipment--The Rosati Room (JTR300) and Dorothy Day Room (JTR400) are fully equipped with PC and screen projection equipment. Equipment problems should be reported directly to TCC/IS Field Services using the phone adjacent to the podium.
- Noise disruption--Respect for those studying and conducting research in the library should be observed at all times. To minimize noise disruption, the meeting room doors should not be propped open, and the sound volume for media kept at an intermediate level. It is expected that groups entering and leaving the library meeting spaces interact with low voice levels.
- Personal belongings--The Library is not responsible for any items left unattended. All individuals are urged to keep laptops, purses, book bags and other valuables in their direct supervision at all times.
JTR 308 (5-10 people, Unavailable during Summer Quarter 2013)
JTR 309 (10-15 people, Unavailable during Summer Quarter 2013)
JTR 300 (30-40 people, minimum of 20 people required for reservation)
JTR 400 (30-40 people, minimum of 20 people required for reservation)
DePaul Center Library
DPC 10011 (5-10 people)
DPC 10014 (5-10 people)
DPC 10016 (5-10 people)
DPC 10023 (5-10 people)
DPC 10029 (5-10 people)
Questions about Library room reservations may be directed by e-mail to LibCalendar@depaul.edu
, or by phone to Travis Eastham at 773-325-2443.