Book Delivery Service
We will mail books to your home or office address. Books usually arrive in 2-3 days.
- From the Library home page, search WorldCat Local for your book. Be sure to put the book title in quotation marks.
- Once you've identified a title, click into it; select Request.
- You will be prompted to sign into your account. Note that if you do not have an account, you will need to create one. Watch our Creating Your Library Account video for help with this process.
- Select Distance Learning as your pick up location.
- Search WorldCat Local for your book.
- Once you've identified a title, click into it.
- Click Request From I-Share.
- You'll be asked to sign in with your library account information.
- When requesting, select "Distance Learning" as your pickup location.
- Books are shipped via FedEx*
- Arrive in 2-3 days
- Keep books for 4 weeks, with option to renew
- To return books, a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope will be sent with the book for convenient return
*If you are using a P.O. box address, books will be shipped via USPS.
Using Other Libraries
I-Share Partner Libraries in Illinois
Local Libraries Near You
You can search WorldCat.org to determine which library closest to you owns a book. Not all institutions are required to be open to the public or provide borrowing privileges.
- Public Universities & Community Colleges
Public universities are required to allow public access to their library facilities and must provide borrowing privileges.
- Private Universities
Private universities may or may not allow the general public to use their library facilities. In addition, you most likely will not be able to borrow materials from these libraries unless you are a member of a friends program.
- Public Libraries
Public libraries may also be a useful resource. However, note that with a few exceptions, most public libraries are focused on serving the public and may not have the extensive research materials provided by university libraries.