Since multi-phase renovation of the John T. Richardson Library began in Fall 2011, the Library has formed partnerships across campus and beyond to deepen and expand interdisciplinary access to a wide variety of academic technology and support services.
Key technology-enhanced spaces supporting this new platform for innovation in teaching, learning, and scholarship at DePaul include:
- Maker Hub: providing access to foundational maker technologies such as 3D printers and laser cutters as well as coding and robotics tools.
- The Forum: event and gathering area with visualization wall.
- Information Commons: open-floor computing and collaborative workspaces on JTR1, including Collaborative Research Environment (CoRE) enhanced workstations on JTR2.
- 1581 Media Studios: Video and sound editing suites sized for 1 or 2 people.
- Scholar's Lab: specialized computing and teaching space designed to promote collaboration and experimentation with digital content.
- Idea Labs 1 & 2: for brainstorming, teamwork, events, teaching, and training.