Choose where you'd like to have your consultation:
- Appointments are 25 minutes; if you need one hour, choose two consecutive time slots.
- Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- The default librarian choice is "no preference"; this allows you to meet with the librarian whose availability matches yours. This option works for most people.
- If you are a graduate student or working on an in-depth or difficult project, consider scheduling your appointment with the appropriate subject liaison librarian.
- If you need to cancel, let us know; your confirmation email will include a link for canceling.
- For Sunday appointments, choose Lincoln Park. (We only offer research consultations at the John T. Richardson Library on Sundays.)
If you can't find a time that works for you, call the John T. Richardson Library Research Help Desk: 773-325-7863 - or- the Loop Library Research Help Desk: 312-362-8432
What to Expect
A professional librarian will meet with you one-on-one to discuss research strategies and appropriate resources for your research. We will also provide instruction in searching, as needed. At the end of the consultation, you will be better equipped to continue your research on your own.