How DePaul Faculty can participate:
Full-time faculty from DePaul University who plan to visit an institution participating in the reciprocal borrowing program and wish to gain access and/or check out materials from that library must request a card. They can pick up their new card at the location they have selected once they are notified that the card is ready. The DePaul Faculty members will need to present this card along with their DePaul ID to staff in the Library Privileges Office or Circulation Department of the participating institution. The lending library determines whether the card will be accepted for on-site use and the privileges they allow visiting faculty. The card is good for one year from the time it is issued.
It is the responsibility of DePaul Faculty members to:
- Present identification when requesting a Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program card from the home library and show that card, along with other required identification, when borrowing materials from another library.
- Observe the regulations of the lending library.
- Return materials in person, or by mail, within the loan period prescribed by the lending library.
- Return materials immediately, in person or by express mail, if recalled by the lending library.
- Pay any and all fines or other charges incurred due to late return of materials or damage to materials.
Visiting Faculty from Other OCLC Reciprocal Borrowing Program Institutions
DePaul University Library offers access and borrowing privileges to faculty from institutions participating in the OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program. Please check the list of participants in the OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program to determine if your institution is a participant in the program: http://www.oclc.org/membership/advisorycommittees/profile8.htm
Faculty from participating institutions should contact their local university library to obtain an OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program card. Bring this card, your valid university ID and a current photo ID (if your university ID does not have a photo) to the circulation desk at either the John T. Richardson Library or the Loop Library (see below). Staff will verify your status and provide you with a guest card. The card provides you with borrowing privileges at the DePaul General Libraries. The loan period is 4 weeks.
Please note: This program does not include access or borrowing at the DePaul Law Library or the CARLI consortium.
- Type of Material That May Be Borrowed: General circulating material.
- Material Limit: 10 items
- Loan Period: 28 days
- Recalls: All materials are subject to recall by other library patrons. If an item is recalled, you will be notified by e-mail or phone and will have 2 days from the recall date to return the material before fines are assessed. Recall fines are $2.00 per item per day.
- Renewing Books: Books may be renewed at any time, and they will be assigned a new due date 28 days from the day you renew. Each book is limited to 3 renewals. All books may be renewed in a variety of ways, including online, email, and phone.
- Overdue Fines and Other Fees: $.10 per day per book up to $10 maximum. After 29 days, overdue items are considered lost and you will be charged $85 for each book. Recalls = $2.00/item/day
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL): OCLC Reciprocal Borrowing Faculty are not eligible for ILL services at DePaul Libraries. ILL services may be available at your home institution.
- Online Database Access: All library visitors may access DePaul University Libraries databases on-campus at designated computers. Off-campus database access is restricted to current DePaul University faculty, staff, and students. Off-campus database access may be available through your home institution's library.
- Other Library Privileges: OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Members may use DePaul media resources (in-library only).
For more information, please contact:
If you plan to visit the Lincoln Park Campus:
John T. Richardson Library
2350 North Kenmore Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614
Access Services/ General Information (773) 325-7862
If you would like to visit our Loop Library:
1 East Jackson Blvd
DePaul Center, 10th floor
Chicago, IL 60604
Access Services/General Information (312) 362-8433